Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Few Changes

Some of you may remember that I accepted a challenge from my brotherly brother awhile back. Accepting this challenge has wrought a few very nifty changes in my circumstances. I'm not ready to do any grand unveiling yet, but I'll offer you a small preview of my surroundings. I'm really happy with the changes done to my computer desk and in the mood to show them off, so here are shots of the new setup from left to right.




The above shots were taken with my new webcam! Of course you can see the new speakers in the pics - they're great! Music sounds fantastic now.

And another small offering to give the post a bit more substance! I was hunting for dinnerfood last night and not in the mood to make anything major. What I wound up with was a pretty neat idea that borrows some pages from the cookbooks of Charley and Liz. (You can see their blogs by checking out the blogs I follow in my profile. Go look! They are both rad, k?)

1) Cut and toast an English muffin.
2) While the muffin is toasting, mash some avocado.
3) Optional, but I felt like adding some ground peppercorn to the mashed avo for a bit of kick.
4) Slice some tomatoes (I used vine but any kind will do).
5) Pluck some spinach leaves.
6) Slice some mozzarella cheese.
7) When muffin has finished toasting, line the bottom muffin half with the cheese, then top it with the spinach leaves, tomato slices, and spread the avo mash on the top muffin half.
8) Assemble into sandwich!
9) Eat sandwich!
10) Gain +120 health! (Extra bonus 20 health for making OM NOM NOM noises as you eat it)

Here is a picture of the finished product:



To close the post, I'd like to offer the lyrics to a pretty awesome CD I re-bought over the weekend. If you can listen to the song itself I recommend it as it's pretty badass. In fact, get the entire CD. You won't regret it.

"Skin and Bones" - Foo Fighters

Lately I've been measuring
Seems my time is growing thin
Wind me up and watch me spin
Watch me spin
Watch me spin

Skin and bones
Skin and bones
Skin and bones don't you know?

Skin and bones
Skin and bones
Skin and bones don't you know?
I'm just skin and bones

All worn out and nothing fits
Brennivin and cigarettes
The more I give the less I get
I'm all set
I'm all set

Skin and bones
Skin and bones
Skin and bones don't you know?

Skin and bones
Skin and bones
Skin and bones don't you know?

I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones

Deep within this frame of mind
Heart of hearts oh valentine
Tell my mom I'm doing fine
Doing fine
Doing fine

Skin and bones
Skin and bones
Skin and bones don't you know?

Skin and bones
Skin and bones
Skin and bones don't you know?

Skin and bones
Skin and bones
Skin and bones don't you know?

I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones
I'm just skin and bones

No comments:

Post a Comment